- The preservation of the Monaro range of Holden cars.
- Promote good relationships between friends and families involved in the Club.
- Participate in activities with other organisations with similar outlooks.
- Participate in car shows and displays to promote the activities of the Club.
General meetings are held on the second Wednesday of every second month starting at 7.30 pm sharp. (Unless otherwise noted, please refer to the meeting dates below.) General meetings will adopt COVID 19 safe practices and guidelines.
Meetings are held at the Salisbury Hotel, 668 Toohey Road, Salisbury Q 4107. Come early and enjoy the hotel meals and drinks.
General Meeting Dates 2024
17th January. 14th February. 13th March. 10th April. 8th May. 12th June. 10th July.
14th August (AGM). 11th September. 9th October. 13th November. 11th December.
General meetings will adopt COVID 19 safe practices and guidelines.
Club Pointscore Bonus Points 2024
- Bonus Total Points available to a Pointscoring Club Member for coming to an Official Club Outing (also referred to as an Official Club Run) = Bonus 20 Points
- Bonus 10 Points for the Pointscoring Club Member coming to an Official Club Outing (also referred to as an Official Club Run).
- Bonus 5 Points for bringing the Pointscore competing Club Car to an Official Club Outing (also referred to as an Official Club Run).
- Bonus 5 Points for the Pointscoring Club Member wearing an Official Monaro Club of Qld Club Shirt to an Official Club Outing (also referred to as an Official Club Run).
Club Pointscore Bonus Points 2024 Notes: A Pointscoring Club Member can only campaign the one same car, in one Pointscore Year. Official Monaro Club of Queensland Shirts do not include any Monaro Nationals based shirts. Official Monaro Club of Queensland Shirts are Polo or Dress shirts, and either: Series 1 – white in colour, Series 2 – maroon in colour, Series 3 – grey in colour, or Series 4 black and grey in colour. Ladies special pink Club polo shirts are also accepted as Official Monaro Club of Queensland Shirts.
Monaro Club of Queensland Regalia
There is a range of Club branded clothing and accessories available exclusively for Club Members to purchase. Members please call Steve on 0418 775 743 to place your order.
The first meeting of the reformed Monaro Club of Queensland Inc. was held in Beenleigh on the 18th June 1986 at the house of Derek Birch.
The first Club Committee comprised of: President, Chuck Peters; Vice President, Derek Birch; Secretary’s, Nerrine Birch and Michelle Carpenter; Treasurer, David Seabrook and Public Relations, Steven Carpenter and Rick Smith. Subsequent meetings were held at the Beenleigh Rum Distillery.
President’s since then have been: Craig Keene, Carole Peters, Graham Curtis, Jodie Curtis, Rebekka Napper, Mick Gourley, Darryl Lonergan and Terry Post. Lindsay Webster was the Club's first Gold Coast coordinator and Derek Birch the original Editor of the Club newsletter.
September 2010 saw a milestone for the Club - organising and hosting the first Monaro Nationals to be held in Queensland. Over 250 Monaro models and their dedicated owners travelled from all over the nation, meeting for a successful, multi-day event in Warwick on the southern Darling Downs.
In June 2016, the Club celebrated its 30th Anniversary, the longevity of the Club is testament to the passion and dedication of Club Members, and the enduring popularity of the Holden Monaro.
In 2022 the Club welcomed the return of Monaro Nationals to the Sunshine State, organinsing and hosting the event in Toowoomba. Held from September 29th to October 3rd, Monaro Nationals 2022 was the first nationals to be held post pandemic and proved to be a resounding success. Well over 300 cars and an enthusiastic entourage from all corners of Australia were in place for the Show & Shine, with hundreds of entrants, guests and general public attending the spectacular display.
The very first Cruzetime event was held on the 4th of April 1987, in the Coles car park at Arndale Shopping Centre in Springwood.
Over the ensuing years entrant numbers increased, Cruzetime 2001 hosted incredible numbers compared to the 1987 event, a massive fleet of approximately 1800 cars of all makes and models.
Current Club President